Wednesday, July 13, 2011

And what a 4th it was!!!

In case you were sitting back and wondering, "What the heck did that Molly do for 4th of July?" (I know you were) I had such a fantastic week!!  First Chad and I had our First party at the new house.  I was of course totally freaking out  cool as a cucumber. Not only was it our first party at the house, the first party I have ever really thrown, but it was also the first time our family's have ever met.  Yeah kinda scary. I am glad to report that the rents got along quite nice. 
(Nothing funnier than a kid with a flag on his head if you ask me!)   So since you are begging for all the details of the party I will tell you.  We did your standards for food.  Hot Dogs, Potato salad, macaroni salad, beans, taco salad, fruit salad, the list goes on and on and it was all soooo tasty!!!.  I did do a little something different that was a hit. We had about 11 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breast, so we cubed it up and marinated it in 3 different marinades.  If anyone wonders, people like little things..... and choices.  I probably could have saved a ton of money doing all different kinds of chicken.   Also My friend Alecia's sister Becca made the best cupcakes.  They are mini cupcakes put into a cute pot, made to look like a pot of mums. Stop it right now!!!!  
I also would like to give a shout out to my Dad for his amazing "corn hole skillz" Holla!!! It was his first time playing and got 3 holes in a row. That Joe, what a guy!!!! That just about wraps up our 4th of July, but dont worry there are more fun things to come!!Thank you to all of our wonderful friends and family that helped make our first house party such a great time!! We lurves you all!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment